Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Terror in Boston - Looking on from Warsaw


Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those who lost loved ones and those who are suffering physical and emotional wounds from the attacks.

We ask God to watch over the first responders and helpers who rushed to the scene to offer aid.

I write these words in Warsaw, Poland, a city where the ghetto trail takes us on a journey from victimhood to strength, from the darkness of deportations to the light of the uprising that occurred exactly 70 years ago.  Boston is also framed by a trail that points to freedom.  In the wake of this heinous attack, may we continue to live and teach the message of freedom and its blessings.

Mordecai Anilewicz and the ghetto fighters fought back against a terrible blind hatred.  In the blood spattered sidewalks of Boston, we see this terrible hatred rear its head.

In my anger at the death of 8 year old Martin Richard, the maiming of his sister, and injuries to his mother, the death of 2 others and injuries of over 100 more, I wonder why those who hate must take revenge against innocent civilians.  

'Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for You, God, are with me, Your strength and guidance comfort me...' (From Psalm 23)


No comments:

Post a Comment